With sunlight or shade, sometimes it’s hard to see the text when typing in the Notes Overlay fields.
If you have this scenario, you can change the size of the Notes Overlay fields from the default size following the steps below:
- Open the Solocator app and swipe down from the top right-hand corner to open the control centre. If you have an iPhone 8 or earlier or an SE model, swipe up from the bottom middle to access the control centre – more details here https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202769
- Tap onto the “aA” button.
- Slide up to a percentage greater than the current percentage size % and select “Solocator Only” below for the new text size chosen.
- Tap anywhere on the blurred space on either side of the percentage scale to return to the control centre.
- Swipe to hide the control centre and go back to Solocator.
Plus, you can use voice to text if you prefer not to type. See details further below.
Voice to text
You can also choose to use the device microphone to record your text instead of typing as this can make it easier when you’re out in the field taking photos.